Active Shooter Response Training & Planning
A typical Active Shooter or other workplace violence incident lasts less than 12 minutes and 70% of incidents are over in less than 5.
There are currently no specific Federal standards for preventing or managing workplace violence risks. However, under the General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) of 1970, employers are required to provide their employees with a work environment that “is free from recognizable hazards that are causing or likely to cause death or serious harm to employees.” The courts have interpreted OSHA’s General Duty Clause to mean that an employer has a legal obligation to provide a safe workplace. The workplace must be free of conditions or activities that either the employer or industry recognizes as hazardous and that cause or are likely to cause, death or serious physical harm to employees when there is a feasible method to abate the hazard.
Measure Your Workplace Vulnerability
- Is there an emergency or active shooter response plan in place addressing workplace violence? Is it integrated with emergency response planning at the corporate/organizational and facility/site levels?
- Can you confirm that you have systems in place to protect all human capital on site including your customers, contractors, employees, and visitors?
- Is realistic and relevant training offered and provided to every employee at all levels of the organization to help them understand how to prevent and respond to an active shooter/workplace violence situation?
- Have you conducted site and organizational vulnerability assessments? Have you considered implementing security engineering and administrative controls to prevent or mitigate active shooter/workplace violence incidents?
We can help you prepare, prevent, and respond.
There are no easy solutions for managing the risks posed by active shooters or other perpetrators of workplace violence. There are, however, numerous control and mitigation measures that can be considered to provide significantly more protection for employees beyond advising them to dial 911. IFO Group consultants can quickly and efficiently help you develop a practical and pragmatic strategy to manage your workplace violence risks.
Our consultants have years of experience successfully managing the staggering security risks posed by active shooters and other acts of terrorism in the high threat environment of Africa and the Middle East. We’ve leveraged our experience helping corporate and governmental clients and have applied those hard-won lessons learned to pragmatic and practical solutions for our clients in Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
An employer or industry that has experienced acts of workplace violence or becomes aware of threats or other indicators, should implement a workplace violence prevention program combined with engineering and administrative controls and a cohesive training platform. A failure to take proactive measures to prevent and respond to active shooter/workplace violence situations clearly exposes an organization to the risks of employee and third-party fatalities and injuries. As a result, your organization could have a damaged reputation and endless litigation. It is our job to help you eliminate these risks. Don’t let this happen to your organization, call us today!
Contact us for a Free Consultation
Here are some of the areas where we can provide expertise:
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Response Planning
- Physical Security Design Services
- Bomb and Improvised Explosive Device Deterrence, Detection, Mitigation and Protection
- Policies and Procedures
- Security Plan Design and Development
- Corporate Security Management System Development, Implementation, Assessment, Training, and Auditing
- Drills and Exercises
- Security Risk Assessments
- Security Vulnerability Assessments, including Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Inspections and Audits
- Training Program Development and Delivery
- Vulnerability Assessment and Active Shooter Awareness Program – 2 Day Seminar
- Active Shooter Awareness and Prevention Program – 1 Day Seminar
- Custom onsite training solutions that meet client specifications
- Online Active Shooter Awareness Program – elearning interactive module
- Custom elearning modules can be developed and delivered upon client request. This is an especially cost effective method of training for clients with large or geographically dispersed workforces.
Here are some of the types of business and institutions where we can offer assistance:
- Corporate and Local Business Offices
- Industrial Facilities (Refineries, Chemical Plants, Terminals, Ports, Steel Mills)
- Retail Operations
- Airports and other Transportation Hubs
- Hospitality (Hotels, Resorts, and Convention Centers)
- Restaurants, Bars, and Nightclubs
- Logistics and Warehousing
- Daycares, Pre-schools, and Primary / Secondary Education
- Colleges and Universities
- Government Offices and Facilities
- Healthcare Facilities and Hospitals
- Houses of Worship and other Religious Institutions
- Manufacturing Facilities
We provide active shooter, anti-terrorism, and corporate security consulting and training services across the U.S., Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.