Refine & Validate Current & Proposed Engineering Designs Variety of Approaches to Aid in Client Compliance
What can we do for you?
IFO Group auditors have extensive experience in providing third-party independent assessments and audits to clients with diverse and complex operations. Our auditors possess an encyclopedic knowledge of current regulatory requirements and industry standards. A major area of our practice is based on developing and implementing specialized and integrated management systems. This broad expertise gives us unparalleled insight into the latest regulatory enforcement priorities.
Because of our own management system implementation experience, we can clearly define where compliance gaps are most commonly found. We then tailor our approach to fixing those gaps based on the client’s needs. We rely on a collaborative method to continuously improve the workplace to help prevent the next major incident. We take a proactive approach to addressing safety audits based on our strong belief that they shouldn’t just be punitive in nature.
Once we are retained for a project our clients can expect communication early and often from their assigned auditor. Our number one priority is delivering clear and well-written reports with appropriate references.
The conduct of our audits conforms to the “Standards for the Professional Practice of Environmental, Health & Safety Auditing” and the “Competency Framework for Environmental, Health & Safety Auditors” as adopted by the Board of Environmental, Health & Safety Auditor Certifications (BEAC) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
We can provide any or all of the services below.
- Audit & Assessment Types
- ISO 9000
- ISO 14000
- ISO 26000
- OHSAS 18000
- OSHA PSM and EPA RMP 3 Year Compliance
- Life Safety and Fire Protection
- Subcontractor and Supplier
- Audit Corrective Action Plans and Recommendations
- Audit Training
- Mechanical Integrity Program Reviews and Assessments
- U.S. Federal and State OSHA and EPA Compliance Assessments and Auditing
- “Mock” OSHA Compliance Audits
- Insurance Underwriting Risk Assessments
- Merger and Acquisition Due Diligence
- Internal Corporate Management System (Health, Safety Environmental, and Security Compliance Assessment and Auditing
- Marine Vessel and Facility Security Plan Audits
Process Safety Audits
Our consulting staff has considerable experience in managing and conducting 3-year Corporate safety audits for compliance with OSHA PSM and EPA RMP standards. PSM compliance audits include the fourteen elements of OSHA’s Process Safety Management regulation 40 CFR 1910.119 including the management system requirement of EPA’s RMP Rule.
Regulatory Compliance Evaluation and Audit
Penalties for violations of health and safety laws and regulations can cost companies millions of dollars, in addition to adverse public relations. Violations, especially resulting from poor regulatory compliance, can cost millions more in lost consumer goodwill and can have a negative impact on valuable brands.
An audit can provide a client with a better understanding of company data – available to the public at large – and can offer a foundation to shape a better image in the minds of the consumers and customers. Safety audits can also reduce potential risks to the health of employees, members of the community, consumers and the environment. Audits also serve as a powerful tool to increase efficiency by reducing waste, optimizing procedures for future compliance and continually guiding employees to exercise safe practices. Because audits enhance regulatory compliance and create economic benefit, many clients are conducting frequent third-party audits as a normal course of business.
A regulatory audit provides an objective review of facility operations and can identify practices not in compliance with applicable regulations. Furthermore, these corporate safety audits can provide personnel with adequate training practices and result in recommendations to ensure future compliance entrenched in the corporate culture.
Environmental, health and safety audits can take many forms:
- Due diligence reviews to support business transactions
- “Mock” inspections to simulate a regulatory inspector’s methods and scope of investigation
- Comprehensive, environmental, safety, health, and security compliance reviews
- On-site facility audits and inspections
- Off-site record reviews
- Reviews of national laws and regulations, state laws and regulations, and local ordinances
- Reviews of company compliance systems, personnel responsibilities, and implementation strategies
- Product specific compliance reviews
- Activity specific compliance reviews
- Drills on reporting procedures for accidents or releases
- Training Program Development and Delivery
Insurance and Underwriting Risk Assessments and Audits
We offer independent Insurance and Underwriting Risk Assessment and Audit Services to insurance companies and other related clients. These assessments and reviews of a policyholder’s records and operations help you to ensure that the coverage information is accurate and that the premiums precisely represent the actual risk exposure.