Fire & Explosion Investigation Services
IFO Group offers cost-effective major loss investigation support services dedicated to determining the cause and origin of fires and explosions. Our consultants fully understand the litigation process and how the critical supporting roles filled by investigators and expert witnesses can be leveraged to help promote successful outcomes. We are practicing experts in our respective fields and apply a collaborative, team-based approach to projects with the proven ability to access other recognized experts and specialized services as required.
We are very experienced with managing a multiple-party incident investigation involving government agencies and other third-party investigators. With our unmatched confidence, we are able to interact and cooperate efficiently with an organization’s internal or external investigative teams. We are also highly adept at delivering expertise for privileged investigations with the assistance of retained outside counsel if so desired by a client. Our certified fire and explosion investigators are qualified and well versed in the application of NFPA 921 and NFPA 1033 and can present their opinions clearly and effectively even when confronted by aggressive and hostile cross-examination.
IFO Group has a climate-controlled inspection laboratory and workshop to facilitate the inspection and documentation of collected evidence and artifacts by IFO Group, clients, or other retained experts. We also maintain onsite secure evidence and artifact storage managed in accordance with ASTM Method E1 459-92 Standard Guide for Physical Evidence Labeling and Related Documentation and can provide short or long-term retained storage. In addition, our investigators stand ready to respond to incident scenes throughout North America and internationally to provide clients with a trusted representative on the ground to facilitate investigative efforts.
IFO Group offers a variety of consulting services directly related to the investigation of the following types of fires and explosion incidents and circumstances:
- Major loss investigations involving commercial, industrial, and residential occupancies, oil and gas operations, petrochemical, laboratory, transportation, utilities, and mining operations.
- Steam and boiler explosions.
- Dust explosions including grain, coal, plastics, wood, metals, or other organics.
- Fuel gas explosions and fires including LP, LNG, methane, natural gas, butane, propane, natural gas, and hydrogen.
- Explosives, pyrophoric, or other chemical reactions resulting in the unintended production of explosive materials.
- Fires or explosions involving thermal runaways or uncontrolled chemical reactions.
- BLEVEs (boiling liquid evaporating vapor explosions).
- Electrical arc flash explosions.
- High-temperature liquid metals or blast and arc furnace explosions.
- Incidents involving oxidizers such as liquid oxygen or peroxides.
- Incidents involving fatalities or serious bodily injuries.
- Identification of subrogation opportunities.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and clothing performance evaluations in fire and explosion events.
We provide litigation support and fire/explosion investigative services to the following clients:
- Insurance Carriers
- Corporate Legal Counsel
- External Legal Counsel
- Governmental Agencies
- Private Citizens
- Corporations and other Business Entities
- Non-profit Organizations
- Educational Institutions