Active Shooter Response Training & Planning
- Do you have an emergency response plan addressing workplace violence that is integrated with emergency response planning at the corporate / organizational and facility / site levels? Don’t forget about customers, contractors, and visitors!
- Do you provide realistic and relevant training to every employee at all levels of the organization so that they know how to help prevent and respond to an active shooter or other workplace violence situation?
- Have you conducted site and organizational vulnerability assessments and considered implementing security engineering and administrative controls to prevent or mitigate active shooter or other workplace violence incidents?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions we can help! IFO Group consultants can quickly and efficiently help you develop a practical and pragmatic strategy to manage your workplace violence risks. Just click on the “Request a Consultation” button on the right side of this page, call us, or send us an email and we’ll be happy to provide you with a free consultation to discuss your needs!
There are currently no specific Federal standards for preventing or managing workplace violence risks. However, under the General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) of 1970, employers are required to provide their employees with a place of employment that “is free from recognizable hazards that are causing or likely to cause death or serious harm to employees.” The courts have interpreted OSHA’s General Duty Clause to mean that an employer has a legal obligation to provide a workplace free of conditions or activities that either the employer or industry recognizes as hazardous and that cause, or are likely to cause, death or serious physical harm to employees when there is a feasible method to abate the hazard.
An employer or industry that has experienced acts of workplace violence, or becomes aware of threats or other indicators showing that the potential for violence in the workplace exists, would be on notice of the risk of workplace violence and should implement a workplace violence prevention program combined with engineering controls, administrative controls, and training. A failure to plan and take actions to prevent and respond to workplace violence and active shooter events clearly exposes an organization to the risks of employee and third party fatalities and injuries, damage to reputation and goodwill, and endless litigation. Don’t let this happen to your organization!
We can help you prepare, prevent, and respond.
There are no easy solutions for managing the risks posed by Active Shooters or other perpetrators of workplace violence but there are numerous control and mitigation measures that can be considered to provide significantly more protection for employees beyond advising them to dial 911. Our consultants have years of experience helping corporate and governmental clients successfully manage the staggering security risks posed by active shooters and other acts of terrorism in the high threat environment of Africa and the Middle East. We’ve leveraged that experience and applied those hard won lessons learned to pragmatic and practical solutions for our clients in Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
A typical Active Shooter or other workplace violence incident lasts less than 12 minutes and 70% of incidents are over in less than 5 minutes. Do you still think that dialing 911 can be your first and only response to one of these incidents?
These facts make it clear that formal planning and training for managers and employees is absolutely critical in 1) preventing incidents, 2) responding to an incident once the incident starts, and 3) mitigating the consequences.
Contact us for a Free Consultation
Here are some of the areas where we can provide expertise:
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Response Planning
- Physical Security Design Services
- Bomb and Improvised Explosive Device Deterrence, Detection, Mitigation and Protection
- Policies and Procedures
- Security Plan Design and Development
- Corporate Security Management System Development, Implementation, Assessment, Training, and Auditing
- Drills and Exercises
- Security Risk Assessments
- Security Vulnerability Assessments, including Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Inspections and Audits
- Training Program Development and Delivery
- Vulnerability Assessment and Active Shooter Awareness Program – 2 Day Seminar
- Active Shooter Awareness and Prevention Program – 1 Day Seminar
- Custom onsite training solutions that meet client specifications
- Online Active Shooter Awareness Program – elearning interactive module
- Custom elearning modules can be developed and delivered upon client request. This is an especially cost effective method of training for clients with large or geographically dispersed workforces.
Here are some of the types of business and institutions where we can offer assistance:
- Corporate and Local Business Offices
- Industrial Facilities (Refineries, Chemical Plants, Terminals, Ports, Steel Mills)
- Retail Operations
- Airports and other Transportation Hubs
- Hospitality (Hotels, Resorts, and Convention Centers)
- Restaurants, Bars, and Nightclubs
- Logistics and Warehousing
- Daycares, Pre-schools, and Primary / Secondary Education
- Colleges and Universities
- Government Offices and Facilities
- Healthcare Facilities and Hospitals
- Houses of Worship and other Religious Institutions
- Manufacturing Facilities
We provide active shooter, anti-terrorism, and corporate security consulting and training services across the U.S., Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.