Audits and Assessments
IFO Group auditors have extensive experience in providing third party independent assessments and audits to clients with diverse and complex operations. Our auditors possess an encyclopedic knowledge of current regulatory requirements and industry standards with a major area of our practice based in developing and implementing specialized and integrated management systems. This broad expertise gives us unparalleled insight into the latest regulatory enforcement priorities and where compliance gaps are most commonly found based on our own management system implementation experiences.
We tailor our approach to client needs and rely upon a collaborative approach based on our strong belief that audits and assessments shouldn’t be punitive in nature, but rather an opportunity for continuous improvement that helps prevent the next major incident. Once we are retained for a project our clients can expect communication early and often from their assigned auditor with the goal of delivering clear and well written reports with appropriate references.
The conduct of our audits conforms to the “Standards for the Professional Practice of Environmental, Health & Safety Auditing” and the “Competency Framework for Environmental, Health & Safety Auditors” as adopted by the Board of Environmental, Health & Safety Auditor Certifications (BEAC) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
We can provide any or all of the services below.
- ISO 9000 audits
- ISO 14000 audits
- ISO 26000 audits
- OHSAS 18000 audits
- OSHA PSM and EPA RMP 3 Year Compliance Audits
- Life Safety and Fire Protection Audits
- Subcontractor and Supplier Audits and Assessments
- Audit Corrective Action Plans and Recommendations
- Audit Training
- Mechanical Integrity Program Reviews and Assessments
- U.S. Federal and State OSHA and EPA Compliance Assessments and Auditing
- “Mock” OSHA Compliance Audits
- Insurance Underwriting Risk Assessments
- Merger and Acquisition Due Diligence
- Internal Corporate Management System (Health, Safety Environmental, and Security Compliance Assessment and Auditing
- Marine Vessel and Facility Security Plan Audits
Process Safety Audits
Our consulting staff has considerable experience in managing and conducting 3 year compliance audits for compliance with OSHA PSM and EPA RMP standards. PSM compliance audits include the fourteen elements of OSHA’s Process Safety Management regulation 40 CFR 1910.119 including the management system requirement of EPA’s RMP Rule.
Regulatory Compliance Evaluation and Audit
Penalties for violations of health and safety laws and regulations can cost a company millions of dollars. Also, the adverse public relations resulting from poor regulatory compliance can cost millions more in lost consumer goodwill, and it can have a negative impact on valuable brands.
In addition, an audit can provide a client with a better understanding of company data that is available to the public at large and can provide a foundation to build a better image in the minds of the general public and customers. An audit can also reduce potential risks to the health of employees, members of the community, consumers, and the environment; they can increase efficiency by reducing waste; and they can optimize procedures for future compliance. Clients can identify practices not in compliance with applicable regulations, provide personnel with adequate training and guidance to correct these practices, and ensure that compliance mechanisms are entrenched in the corporate culture.
A regulatory audit provides an objective review of facility operations and practices and result in recommendations to ensure future compliance. Because audits enhance regulatory compliance and create economic benefit, many clients are conducting frequent third party audits as a normal course of business. Environmental, health and safety audits can take many forms.
- Due diligence reviews to support business transactions;
- “Mock” inspections to simulate an regulatory inspector’s methods and scope of investigation;
- Comprehensive , environmental, safety, health, and security compliance reviews;
- On-site facility audits and inspections;
- Off-site record reviews;
- Reviews of national laws and regulations, state laws and regulations, and local ordinances;
- Reviews of company compliance systems, personnel responsibilities, and implementation strategies;
- Product specific compliance reviews;
- Activity specific compliance reviews; and
- Drills on reporting procedures for accidents or releases
- Training Program Development and Delivery
Insurance and Underwriting Risk Assessments and Audits
We offer independent Insurance and Underwriting Risk Assessment and Audit Services to insurance companies and other related clients. These assessments and reviews of a policyholder’s records and operations help you to ensure that the coverage information is accurate and that the premiums accurately represent the actual risk exposure.