Accident Investigation & Reconstruction
When it comes to accident investigation, accident reconstruction or our clients suffer a major loss, they trust IFO Group. We provide them with the right experts to quickly determine what happened, identify and preserve crucial evidence, and deliver compelling factual reports. Our investigators are recognized international experts in the field of incident investigation, and clients can depend on their meticulous attention to detail and multi-disciplinary expertise to get the facts when faced with nothing but questions and uncertainty.
Our team of incident investigation experts is composed of highly experienced professionals who can provide a full range of:
- loss control
- litigation support services
Our vast experience with interacting and cooperating with an organization’s internal or external investigative teams and assets allows us to operate with a level of confidence unmatched when managing multiple-party incident investigations involving government officials and other third party investigators. We are also highly adept at delivering expertise for privileged investigations with the assistance of retained outside counsel if so desired by a client.
We offer our clients the latest investigative techniques and technologies to maximize the collection of critically valuable knowledge that can be gained from a loss, and provide the information necessary to fully protect an organization and its employees from future recurrences, and prepare for any potential litigation.
Our experts have investigated hundreds of incidents covering a wide range of failures in a variety of industries and circumstances. By utilizing the latest in investigation project techniques and technologies specifically developed to maximize efficiencies we can expedite the return of an incident site to the owner and facilitate recovery operations to help reduce overall losses. Following an incident, we can also assist in developing and implementing mitigation strategies and barrier philosophies to more effectively protect workers, assets, reputations, and the environment from incident recurrences.
IFO Group has a climate controlled inspection laboratory and workshop to facilitate the inspection and documentation of collected evidence and artifacts by IFO Group, clients, or other retained experts. We also maintain onsite secure evidence and artifact storage managed in accordance with ASTM Method E1 459-92 Standard Guide for Physical Evidence Labeling and Related Documentation and can provide short or long-term retained storage. In addition, our investigators stand ready to respond to incident scenes throughout North America and internationally in order to provide clients with a trusted representative on the ground to facilitate investigative efforts.
- Assistance with OSHA, EPA or other regulatory violations
- Root Cause Analysis
- Occupational Fatality and Major Bodily Injury
- Fire, Explosion, and Toxic Release Modeling
- Precision Forensic Scene Mapping
- 3D Reconstruction Computer Animation
- Litigation Support
- Underwriting and Loss Support
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigators and Instructors
- Forensic Failure Analysis
- Evidence Collection, Secure Chain of Custody, and Retained Storage
- Incident Investigation Training
- Analysis of Compliance with Codes and Standards
- Cause and Origin Determination
- Identification of Contributing Causes and Factors
- Incident Investigation Coordination and Management
- Performance Assessment of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Work Clothing
Contact us for a Free Consultation
IFO Group offers a variety of consulting services directly related to the investigation of the following types of occupational injury and illness incidents:
Fires and explosions involving commercial, industrial, and residential occupancies, petrochemical, oil & gas, laboratory, transportation, utility, and mining operations.
- Confined space accidents.
- Process safety management (PSM).
- Machine guarding and entrapment incidents.
- Incidents involving control of hazardous energy and lock out / tag out (LOTO).
- Hydrogen sulfide exposures.
- Workplace violence, acts of terrorism, and active shooter incidents.
- Falls from height / working at height.
- Toxic chemical and other hazardous materials exposures.
- Incidents involving excavations and trenching.
- Management system failures and gaps.
- Hot work accidents and resulting fires / explosions.
- Motor vehicle accidents (light passenger and heavy commercial)